TORAYCON™ PBT Resin
Toray PBT Resin TORAYCON™ (polybutylene terephthalate) is a polyester-based thermoplastic engineering plastic with excellent electrical properties and chemical resistance.
PBT resin is produced from the primary starting materials 1,4-butanediol and terephthalic acid and is a linear thermoplastic saturated polyester resin with ester bonds in the main chain.
Unique features can be easily provided by compounding various additives, glass fibers, flame retardants, and utilizing solubilizing techniques. Multiple grades are available for use.
Furthermore, it is easy to add any color.
The product is used in a large number of applications spanning several fields, including electrical and electronic devices, connectors and capacitor casing, automotive electronics, OA equipment, building materials, and industrial machinery parts.
- High cycle qualities based on high crystallization rate.
- Outstanding surface gloss.
- Superior dimensional stability.
- Superior anti-abrasion and wear resistance characteristics.
- Outstanding chemical resistance.
- Good electrical properties.
- Easy improvement of properties with glass-fiber reinforcement.
- Superior anti-creep properties and anti-fatigue properties.
- Can be used continuously at temperatures between 120 and 140°C.
- Easy to make flame retardant.
- Low water absorption.
Remarks for Handling
- Refer to the Material Safety data sheet for TORAYCON™ before use.
- Small amount of hazardous gases which may irritate eyes, nose and throat may be released. Use adequate local exhaust ventilation during drying and molding.
- Sweep up and dispose of spilled resin to eliminate slipping hazard.
- Don't pile bags too high in order to avoid injury caused by falling of the product.
Care in Handling
- The figures described herein are representative values of natural colors obtained based on the specific test method, and are NOT guaranteed values.
- For our colored products, the figures described herein will vary depending on the type and amount of pigment, dye, and additive used.
- The information contained herein is currently information we can reasonably obtain. The information may be revised without notice.
- The information contained herein, including but not limited to application examples, does NOT represent, warrant or guarantee the quality or safety of your products. When using our products for your or third party’s products, in consideration of various relevant laws and regulations, industrial property rights, product standards, self-regulatory standards, etc., please conduct product test etc. and confirm the quality or safety by yourself.
- The basis that show the combustion resistance described herein is only the evaluation result in the test performed on the test piece prepared by the procedure in accordance with each specific standard. It can NOT be applied to the risk assessment in an actual fire.
Note: For UL certification values, please refer to the Yellow card issued by UL (File No. E41797).
- When using with medical devices, food packages, safety instruments or toys for infant, and so on, consult us about the concrete application and usage beforehand by all means.
Do NOT use our products for any medical internal implantation.
- Regarding export of our products and exports of products incorporating our products, please comply with relevant laws and regulations such as foreign exchange and foreign trade laws.
- Under the chemical substance management system of each country, the chemical substance used in our products is regulated, and it may be necessary to apply separately or it may not be possible to import or export. If you are an exporter or importer of our products, please contact us for regulatory compliance in your country.
- Refer to Safety Data Sheet for this our product before use.
- We make NO representation, warranty or guarantee whether expressed or implied, in respect of fitness for a particular purpose and safety of our products for your products. You will be responsible for ascertaining the suitability of our products for your purpose and safety.
- During drying and molding, volatile components which can irritate eyes, nose, and throat may be released. When such heat treatment is performed, appropriate local ventilation measures should be taken.
- Sweep up and dispose of spilled pellets to prevent slipping.
- Don't pile stocks too high in order to avoid injury caused by the product falling.