SIVERAS™ LCP Resin
Liquid crystal polyester resin SIVERAS™ is a super engineering plastic that was developed on the basis of Toray's advanced technology for polyester resin production.
It offers the following properties that are not found in standard engineering plastics:
- High strength and high modulus,
- High heat resistance,
- Dimensional stability,
- Good molding properties,
- Good vibration absorption properties.
A special feature of SIVERAS™ is its superiority to conventional liquid crystal polymers in terms of molding properties (fluidity, stability in retention).
High strength, high modulus
SIVERAS™ offers superior strength and high modulus. Molded products feature a highly oriented in molecular chain, the thinner the molded products. This further improves strength and elastic modulus.
The heat deflection temperature is 250°C or higher.
Offering outstanding soldering heat resistance, it can be used stably for electronic parts for SMT.
No change in dimensions due to moisture absorption.
The linear expansion rate in direction of flow is comparable to values for metal.
SIVERAS® offers outstanding fusion fluidity for molding of thin walled products.
SIVERAS® can be molded at low pressure and offers fast crystallizing speeds to eliminate formation of flash.
Can be molded at mold temperatures of 100°C degrees or less, as is true for PBT resins.
The stability in retention during molding is on a par with conventional liquid crystal polymers.
SIVERAS™ offers outstanding vibration absorption regardless of high elastic modulus.
SIVERAS™ L304G35 conforms to UL94V-0 for thin walled parts with a thickness of 0.38 mm.
Remarks for Handling
- Refer to the Material Safety data sheet for SIVERAS™ before use.
- Small amount of hazardous gases which may irritate eyes, nose and throat may be released. Use adequate local exhaust ventilation during drying and molding.
- Sweep up and dispose of spilled resin to eliminate slipping hazard.
- Don't pile bags too high in order to avoid injury caused by falling of the product.
Care in Handling
- The figures described herein are representative values of natural colors obtained based on the specific test method, and are NOT guaranteed values.
- For our colored products, the figures described herein will vary depending on the type and amount of pigment, dye, and additive used.
- The information contained herein is currently information we can reasonably obtain. The information may be revised without notice.
- The information contained herein, including but not limited to application examples, does NOT represent, warrant or guarantee the quality or safety of your products. When using our products for your or third party’s products, in consideration of various relevant laws and regulations, industrial property rights, product standards, self-regulatory standards, etc., please conduct product test etc. and confirm the quality or safety by yourself.
- The basis that show the combustion resistance described herein is only the evaluation result in the test performed on the test piece prepared by the procedure in accordance with each specific standard. It can NOT be applied to the risk assessment in an actual fire.
Note: For UL certification values, please refer to the Yellow card issued by UL (File No. E41797).
- When using with medical devices, food packages, safety instruments or toys for infant, and so on, consult us about the concrete application and usage beforehand by all means.
Do NOT use our products for any medical internal implantation.
- Regarding export of our products and exports of products incorporating our products, please comply with relevant laws and regulations such as foreign exchange and foreign trade laws.
- Under the chemical substance management system of each country, the chemical substance used in our products is regulated, and it may be necessary to apply separately or it may not be possible to import or export. If you are an exporter or importer of our products, please contact us for regulatory compliance in your country.
- Refer to Safety Data Sheet for this our product before use.
- We make NO representation, warranty or guarantee whether expressed or implied, in respect of fitness for a particular purpose and safety of our products for your products. You will be responsible for ascertaining the suitability of our products for your purpose and safety.
- During drying and molding, volatile components which can irritate eyes, nose, and throat may be released. When such heat treatment is performed, appropriate local ventilation measures should be taken.
- Sweep up and dispose of spilled pellets to prevent slipping.
- Don't pile stocks too high in order to avoid injury caused by the product falling.