TORAYCON® PBT Resin
Toray PBT Resin TORAYCON® (polybutylene terephthalate) is a polyester-based thermoplastic engineering plastic with excellent electrical properties and chemical resistance.
PBT resin is produced from the primary starting materials 1,4-butanediol and terephthalic acid and is a linear thermoplastic saturated polyester resin with ester bonds in the main chain.
Unique features can be easily provided by compounding various additives, glass fibers, flame retardants, and utilizing solubilizing techniques. Multiple grades are available for use.
Furthermore, it is easy to add any color.
The product is used in a large number of applications spanning several fields, including electrical and electronic devices, connectors and capacitor casing, automotive electronics, OA equipment, building materials, and industrial machinery parts.
- High cycle qualities based on high crystallization rate.
- Outstanding surface gloss.
- Superior dimensional stability.
- Superior anti-abrasion and wear resistance characteristics.
- Outstanding chemical resistance.
- Good electrical properties.
- Easy improvement of properties with glass-fiber reinforcement.
- Superior anti-creep properties and anti-fatigue properties.
- Can be used continuously at temperatures between 120 and 140°C.
- Easy to make flame retardant.
- Low water absorption.
Remarks for Handling
- Refer to the Material Safety data sheet for TORAYCON® before use.
- Small amount of hazardous gases which may irritate eyes, nose and throat may be released. Use adequate local exhaust ventilation during drying and molding.
- Sweep up and dispose of spilled resin to eliminate slipping hazard.
- Don't pile bags too high in order to avoid injury caused by falling of the product.
Care in Handling
- Be certain to pre-dry before using TORAYCON® under following condition.
- Drying condition : 4hrs at 120°C or 3hrs at 130°C (actual temperature) using a hot-air dryer.
- This bag consists of an inner bag (PE) and outer bag (paper) that can be separated with ease. The design makes it easy to recycle the materials.