SIVERAS® LCP Resin
Toray liquid crystal polyester resin SIVERAS® is a super engineering plastic that was developed on the basis of Toray's advanced technology for polyester resin production.
It offers the following properties that are not found in standard engineering plastics:
- High strength and high modulus,
- High heat resistance,
- Dimensional stability,
- Good molding properties,
- Good vibration absorption properties.
A special feature of SIVERAS® is its superiority to conventional liquid crystal polymers in terms of molding properties (fluidity, stability in retention).
High strength, high modulus
SIVERAS® offers superior strength and high modulus. Molded products feature a highly oriented in molecular chain, the thinner the molded products. This further improves strength and elastic modulus.
The heat deflection temperature is 250°C or higher.
Offering outstanding soldering heat resistance, it can be used stably for electronic parts for SMT.
No change in dimensions due to moisture absorption.
The linear expansion rate in direction of flow is comparable to values for metal.
SIVERAS® offers outstanding fusion fluidity for molding of thin walled products.
SIVERAS® can be molded at low pressure and offers fast crystallizing speeds to eliminate formation of flash.
Can be molded at mold temperatures of 100°C degrees or less, as is true for PBT resins.
The stability in retention during molding is on a par with conventional liquid crystal polymers.
SIVERAS® offers outstanding vibration absorption regardless of high elastic modulus.
SIVERAS® L304G35 conforms to UL94V-0 for thin walled parts with a thickness of 0.38 mm.
Remarks for Handling
- Refer to the Material Safety data sheet for SIVERAS® before use.
- Small amount of hazardous gases which may irritate eyes, nose and throat may be released. Use adequate local exhaust ventilation during drying and molding.
- Sweep up and dispose of spilled resin to eliminate slipping hazard.
- Don't pile bags too high in order to avoid injury caused by falling of the product.
Care in Handling
- Be certain to pre-dry before using SIVERAS® under following condition.
- Drying condition : 4hrs at 140°C (actual temperature) using a hot-air dryer.
- This bag consists of an inner bag (PE) and outer bag (paper) that can be separated with ease. The design makes it easy to recycle the materials.