ECODEAR® PLA Resin
"ECODEAR® PLA," based on plant-derived raw materials and Toray technology, is an environmentally friendly plastic that can help to reduce fossil fuel consumption and prevent global warming.
About Polylactic Acid
Polylactic acid is a plant-derived plastic made by fermenting and lactylating starch , that is subsequently polymerized.
Toray's "ECODEAR® PLA" has been introduced in the production of fibers, resins, and films. PLA is currently used in a large number of areas, including consumer electronics, OA equipment, automotive, and packaging materials.
We don't have pure PLA.
We do compound only, for example, PLA//ABS, PLA//PMMA, etc.
Our product are not biodegradable.
ECODEAR® Polylactic Resin
"ECODEAR® PLA" is a pellet material that features a lineup of products for use in injection molding and extrusion processes by leveraging our company's proprietary polymer alloy and compound technologies to blend PLA with other materials to achieve a good balance of mechanical properties and processability.
A number of different high performance grades are being developed and deployed, from flame-retardant (UL standard 945V) injection grades to extrusion grades.
Remarks for Handling
- Read our Material Safety Data Sheet (SDS) before handling ECODEAR®
- Observe the following practices when handling ECODEAR®
- Avoid resin temperature which may cause resin decomposition.
- Purge resin from inside the cylinder after molding, as resin left inside the cylinder could decompose.
- When purging resin left inside the cylinder with another type of resin, preferably use non-colored polyethylene or polystyrene.
- When mixing ECODEAR® with pigments or additives, or with different resins or resin grades, consult with TORAY, as this may destabilize and cause decomposition of ECODEAR®.
- Resin left inside a cylinder, nozzle or hot runner could decompose, so be certain to remove all resin.
- When molding ECODEAR®, always provide adequate local or general ventilation to maintain a safe working environment.
- In drying, small amount of hazardous gases may irritate eyes, nose and throat.Make certain to implement localized exhaust ventilation when heat-treating ECODEAR®.