AMILAN® Nylon Resin
The Toray nylon resin (polyamide resin) AMILAN® is a thermoplastic engineering plastic containing an amide group (-CONH-) and it exhibits excellent strength, toughness, heat resistance, and anti-friction wear resistance.
Toray's lineup consists of Nylon 6, Nylon 66, Nylon 610 as well as a large number of co-polymer nylon formulations. In addition, a variety of grades designed for various customer needs and applications are available, including non-reinforced, reinforced, flame retardant, anti-friction wear, high impact, film, monofilament, and blow molding grades.
Nylon 6 and Nylon 66
- Features an excellent balance of properties in terms of mechanical behavior.
- Features superior toughness under standard humidity conditions.
- Features superior chemical and oil resistance.
- Features superior anti-abrasion and wear resistance.
- The self-extinguishing and flame retardant properties of almost all grades conforms with UL standard 94VO.
- Features superior long-term heat resistance (maximum long-term continuous use temperature: approximately 80–150°C)
- Grades that are reinforced with glass fibers are particularly outstanding in terms of their elastic modulus and strength.
- Features low gasoline permeability and superior gas barrier properties.
- Features excellent flexibility as well as impact resistance at low temperatures.
- Features relatively minimal absorbency and excellent dimensional stability.
- Features excellent bending fatigue properties.
- Products with special features including transparency, flexibility, and adhesiveness are available.
- Products with special characteristics including solubility in alcohol are available.
Remarks for Handling
- Refer to the Material Safety data sheet for AMILAN® before use.
- During drying and molding of AMILAN®, volatile components which can irritate eyes, nose, and throat may be released. When such heat treatment is performed, appropriate local ventilation measures should be taken.
- Sweep up and dispose of spilled pellets to prevent slipping.
- Don't pile stocks too high in order to avoid injury caused by the product falling.
Care in Handling
- AMILAN® is provided in a dry state in moisture-proof packaging. If the product is left to stand after opening, processing may be impeded due to moisture absorption.
- The bag can be easily separated into an inner bag (PE) and an outer bag (paper). The design was developed with recycling in mind.